Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Reboot: Getting Back in the Game


When I first started blogging, I made it rather clear that I would continue only as long as I thought I had something to say.  When I stopped, it had essentially come to that.  I still had things I wanted to say, but I found I did not have the time needed to express them properly. My job had slowly taken up more and more of my life and the little free time I was afforded had to be split among all the other things I wanted to do.  I had to start cutting things and spending time with my family trumped everything else. So I cut back. Instead of blogging, I commented on other blogs and news sites. But my job kept growing and eventually commenting fell by the wayside as well.

This summer I finally reached my breaking point. I had just wrapped up one project and was looking forward to a free day or two. My oldest daughter’s birthday was coming up and we’d made plans. Then I received a call from my boss, telling me I needed to leave asap. I had grown accustomed to missing out on events, but this was the first time I ever had to cancel something I already had planned. For the first time in years, I no longer wanted my job.

Fortunately, I wasn’t without options. The next time someone called asking me to work for them, I accepted. At the beginning of October, I “started” my new job with a well-deserved two week vacation. One of the perks of this job is that I’m only scheduled to work half the year, which is going to leave me with a lot of free time. Much of it is going to be spent on my kids, but plenty more will be for whatever I please.

So I’ve decided to start writing again. It will come slowly at first because I have a lot of catching up to do, but when it comes, I’ll lay it out here.  I’ve decided that the subject matter will be a little different from my old posts. In addition to the atheistic musings of the past, I’ll be including pieces on my other interests and concerns, as well as (possibly) some fragments of fiction that I’ve started and stopped over the years.  Regardless of whether anyone reads this, I’ll still be doing it. Here’s hoping some of you find something useful here.

To finish up this first post, a question to anyone who might be reading:

If Christ is risen, does that make him the leavened dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment